Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2012

Hi!

Am Mittwoch, den 27.04.2011, 10:56 -0400 schrieb William Jon McCann:
> Oh, that is unfortunate.  I assume that a newly elected board will be
> able to reverse this decision.  Is that correct?

The problem I see is that you probably wouldn't want to decide on this
before the desktop summit is over and that is probably to late to find a
host for 2012.

IMHO the desktop summit in Gran Canaria failed completely on the
collaboration side because of various reasons. I must admit that I
didn't have contact with any KDE hacker there apart from some partying.
I hope Berlin will do much better here and I know people put a lot of
effort into making things really work this year.

Also note that desktop summit makes the event twice as big as GUADEC
which doesn't make organization and hosting any easier. Last but not
least, this is also something that KDE people decide upon in the end.

So, I would propose to first wait how things work this year and discuss
afterwards if we should change the bianual character.

Regards,
Johannes