Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2012
- From: Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com>
- To: William Jon McCann <william jon mccann gmail com>
- Cc: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>, foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org>, GnomeMarketing Mailing List <marketing-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2012
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:17:30 -0500
On 04/27/11 09:56 AM, William Jon McCann wrote:
What does this call (and its deadline) mean with regard to a potential
co-hosting with aKademy in 2012 again ("Desktop Summit")?
The GNOME Foundation board and the aKademy board has already decided
that the Desktop Summit will be a bi-annual event for the time being.
Oh, that is unfortunate. I assume that a newly elected board will be
able to reverse this decision. Is that correct?
Yes, I thought that should have been clear by my saying "for the time
Since there are questions, I will try to be more clear. I think that
GNOME and aKademy have only really agreed to have a co-hosted event in
2011 and to not have a co-hosted event in 2012. Beyond that, I do not
think there is a real clear plan beyond a recognition that having a
co-hosted event bi-annually seems to be a forming pattern. Decisions
are very much being made year-by-year.
But, correct, these decisions will be made by future elected boards
and I would imagine that they would base their decisions on input from
The GNOME Foundation community and how well things go in Berlin.
] [Thread Prev