Re: Meeting Minutes Published - September 16, 2010

Hi Jonh,

Thanks for the feedback. We are aware that not only is it more expensive to fly from some parts of the world but that it also means that it's a bigger burden for the individual. Especially when they are coming from a country with a lower cost of living too. So we worded it poorly in the minutes. We didn't mean to imply that some people need more justification but rather that if something stands out, we might need more information. For example, we would understand $1,000+ airfare if we knew you were coming from Brazil to Europe.

A question, have you actually gotten this feedback or do you just feel like you might? I understand that it does not feel good either way, I am just curious as to the magnitude of the problem.

And for what it's worth, I don't think the cost breakdown needs to be on the public wiki. I think the travel committee needs it but they keep a lot of other information private. Perhaps you could suggest a process change to the travel committee, travel-committee gnome org?

Stormy