Re: GNOME Speaker Guidelines

Sergey:

Please do not derail this discussion.  The topic at hand is to discuss
how to create simple guidelines to help people understand how to best
represent themselves and GNOME when speaking at various events.

This topic is not about individuals that you or others might find
offensive.  It is especially not about individuals who haven't even
spoken at GNOME events.  It is also not about whether or not there
is any relationship between making offensive jokes and general bad
behavior in society.

If you have points to raise on how to improve our proposed guidelines,
could you do so without naming specific individuals?  Also, asking
rhetorical questions is not nearly as useful as suggesting improved
text, or pointing out what you think needs to be improved about the
proposed guidelines.

Please try and contribute to the conversation in a more constructive
manner.  Many volunteers have been working hard for months to try and
put together some simple guidelines that are reasonable and meet
people's main concerns.  To be respectful to these volunteers and their
hard work, we should try and keep on topic.

Brian