Re: GNU hackers meeting & GUADEC 2011 colocation?
- From: Andy Wingo <wingo pobox com>
- To: Dave Neary <dneary gnome org>
- Cc: gnu-prog-discuss <gnu-prog-discuss gnu org>, foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNU hackers meeting & GUADEC 2011 colocation?
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:46:05 +0100
On Tue 26 Jan 2010 15:07, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> writes:
> Hi Andy,
> Andy Wingo wrote:
>> So inspired by Vincent's recent mail, let this be a mini-proposal for
>> GHM co-location with the 2011 GUADEC. The ideal needs would be one
>> smallish (40-50 people) room for three days. GHM events have had some
>> funding attached to them in the past, enough to support them; while of
>> course I can't predict the future, GNU probably could help support costs
>> of the venue, when the time comes to discuss that.
> Let me just confirm that that is not a typo - this is for 2011 yes, not
That was the intention, yes. I figured it was too late to talk about
2010, but if GUADEC organizers are interested we could probably do
> If GUADEC and Akademy colocate again in 2011, do you think that might
> have an impact on the GHM?
It would probably make it more awesome! There are a number of KDE-using
GNU folk. There are GNOME people too, of course :)
] [Thread Prev