Re: Thanks, and a Brief Survey

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Lefty (石鏡 ) <lefty shugendo org> wrote:
> On 1/17/10 12:48 PM, "Shaun McCance" <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
>>
>>> To the best of my knowledge, that policy has never been written down.
>>> That is because there is and always has been a very, very, very clear
>>> and common understanding that this is the policy. It takes almost
>>> willful ignorance of our history, culture and policy to suggest
>>> otherwise.
>>
>> Perhaps less official because it's just on the wiki, but:
>>
>> http://live.gnome.org/ProjectPrerequisites
>>
>>   "The project must be free/open source software."
>
> Ah. That's fine. "Free/open source software". I have no issue with this, and
> it would, in fact, seem to support what I've been saying.
>
>> But yes, Luis, I wholly agree with you.  I can't imagine why
>> anybody would ever think it's OK to host non-free software
>> on gnome.org.
>
> Did anyone say that they thought it was "OK to host non-free software on
> gnome.org"? I'm pretty sure I never suggested anything like that. Please let
> me know where I might have inadvertently created such an impression, if
> indeed I did.

You suggested that there might be doubt or controversy about such a
thing, or that such a position might not reflect community consensus.
As best as the rest of us can tell, you're the only one who doubts
that this is the community consensus, which strongly suggests that you
might have some doubts yourself.

Luis