Re: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap

    I value the potential market we can cater as highly important, as this
    directly determines the size of the economical ecosystem we can build
    around F/OSS. While most of us are not in this to become rich, we all
    have to eat and feed the bills. If we want our project to have
    significant traction, we'll need to create a system that's
    self-sustaining.

Our system is already self-sustaining.  We have been using GNU/Linux
since 1992, and it is much better now than it was 18 years ago.

Of course, we would like to make it technically better, and we want
to liberate more users.  There may be hard work to be done.
But if you say we are incapable of achieving things we have
in fact already done, that misrepresents the situation.