Re: Meeting Minutes Published - November 11, 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 16:52 -0800, Fernando Herrera wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Ben Konrath <ben bagu org> wrote:
>
> > The feedback I received was a similar story; the potential
> > funders seemed only interested in an applications that would serve
> > their users who primarily use Windows. Obviously this will be an issue
> > when searching for funding for GNOME a11y projects - especially new
> > projects that don't have an established group of users like Caribou.
>
> What about showing them the benefits of GNOME/Free software? We should
> try to get some talking points about what we can offer like:
> - It's Free software
> - It cost no money
> - We have better i18n
> - We are have X feature that is lacking in propietary solutions
> - We are doing Y better

All of these are strong points. Assistive technology for
Microsoft Windows often has an annual subscription fee, and
people who need such help often have low-paying jobs or no
job at all.

On the other hand, it *does* mean ensuring accessible installers and
administration tools, and possibly having an organization to help
caregivers.

Liam