Re: Meeting Minutes Published - August 5, 2010

Hi,

Brian Cameron wrote:
>     * GUADEC
>           o The board will create a Wiki page with tips to better
>             manage GUADEC/event planning in the future. The Wiki will
>             start as a private Wiki page and will be made more public
>             when it is fleshed out.

I just wanted to point out that this would be at least the 3rd such
effort at documenting GUADEC planning - separate checklists have been
created during & after Villanova & Gran Canaria previously.

I would prefer to make existing resources more useful, rather than
starting from scratch (again).

Please see

http://live.gnome.org/GuadecPlanningHowTo
http://live.gnome.org/GuadecPlanningHowTo/CheckList
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/GranCanariaDesktopSummit
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2010/Planning

Also, guadec-planning archives should have lots of useful advice.

The major difficulty with GUADEC has always been having a very clear
idea of who is doing a given task early enough, and having someone to
answer questions like "how many X should we buy?" or "How many rooms do
we need?" and getting things like events organised sufficiently early so
that we're not rushing at the mast minute.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary