Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Lionel Dricot <ploum ploum net> wrote:

What is exactly the problem here? Sometimes some people are offended by
the content of planet GNOME? OK, it has always be the case but it's a
problem. A rare one but still a problem.
What effect will have deciding of rules, CoC or punishment on that
particular problem? I don't see how it could have an effect.

I think the problem isn't the offending material but rather that people expect the board to take action when there is offending material.

The board wants to represent the community and so would like to make sure there are clear guidelines on the behaviour the community expects and what we'd like to have happen when people don't follow those guidelines.

Hopefully the guidelines will also make sure there is less offending material.

Stormy