Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections Spring 2009 - Preliminary results

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Diego Escalante Urrelo<diegoe gnome org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 10:58 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Stormy Peters wrote:
>> > I too think the election committee should just decide.
>> >
>> > (From board discussions, I'm pretty confident they wanted to do it
>> > however Maemo does it, but at this point I think the election committee
>> > should decide.)
>> I'd replace "decide" with "clarify" here - it's clear there was an
>> intention, and now we're in something of a niche situation, where we
>> just need a clarification from the committee what method they intended
>> to use - then we just count with that.
> I disagree, afaik we just directly re-used the code received from
> through you (iirc). Which in your March elections used this
> same system:
> Indeed you had a discussion after the results, although I haven't
> checked if you later did some change regarding the results.
> IMVHO what happened was that we just thought "preferential voting" and
> not went into the details, at the Board level and highly likely at the
> MC level. I wouldn't say there was specific blame or ill intention in
> any of the people involved (you, mc, board).

For what it is worth, I think I assumed STV, but I also think that
you're right that it was never formally discussed at board level, and
certainly was not communicated to the membership committee. This is
purely my fault, since I was the one pushing for it at the board
level. :(


P.S. Sorry I've been AWOL, but bar exam study has been very
distracting, and I did not realize until today that this thread was
significant beyond the first email. For what it is worth, from a quick
skim of the thread, I think I mostly just agree with Dave N.'s

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]