Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections Spring 2009 - Preliminary results

I too think the election committee should just decide.

(From board discussions, I'm pretty confident they wanted to do it however Maemo does it, but at this point I think the election committee should decide.)


On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Dan Winship <danw gnome org> wrote:
On 06/25/2009 12:30 PM, john palmieri wrote:
> If it is a disagreement on how votes should be counted then the vote is
> flawed and I propose we have a runoff between the candidates who were on
> one list but not the other.

I'm not terribly familiar with STV and its variations, but it seems to
me that if we assume people's votes in the runoff will be generally
consistent with their votes in the original election, then the result of
the runoff would be determined as much by the choice of STV variant used
in the runoff than by the actual votes (which could more or less be
predicted ahead of time), and so this isn't really much different from
just letting the election committee retroactively declare which variant
they meant to use in the original election.

-- Dan
foundation-list mailing list
foundation-list gnome org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]