Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections Spring 2009 - Preliminary results

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 10:58 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Stormy Peters wrote:
> > I too think the election committee should just decide.
> >
> > (From board discussions, I'm pretty confident they wanted to do it
> > however Maemo does it, but at this point I think the election committee
> > should decide.)
>
> I'd replace "decide" with "clarify" here - it's clear there was an
> intention, and now we're in something of a niche situation, where we
> just need a clarification from the committee what method they intended
> to use - then we just count with that.

I disagree, afaik we just directly re-used the code received from
maemo.org through you (iirc). Which in your March elections used this
same system:
 http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-community/2009-March/002139.html

Indeed you had a discussion after the results, although I haven't
checked if you later did some change regarding the results.

IMVHO what happened was that we just thought "preferential voting" and
not went into the details, at the Board level and highly likely at the
MC level. I wouldn't say there was specific blame or ill intention in
any of the people involved (you, mc, board).

Let's stick to the process and wait for the MC to come up with a
judgement over the challenge. Meanwhile we can keep discussing ideas for
enhancing the election system/process/method.

greetings