Re: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 01:56 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> As per Code of Conduct, please assume people mean well.  Which both Lefty and
> Philip do.

Sorry, if I managed to brake some CoC. I have no idea what you mean by
"mean well", but their attack on RMS was quite tasteless.

>   Philip is a major developer of many current and emerging GNOME
> technologies.

Which technologies? TinyMail?

>   Lefty represents ACCESS in the Advisory board and is a regular
> contributor to the adboard meetings as well as being a regular at GUADEC and
> other GNOME conferences.

Nothing personal, but I never trusted those corporate "Open Source
Advocates" ... . Besides,  Lefty does not work for ACCESS Inc. anymore
-- he is a director of the "Open Source Technologies"
http://www.blogger.com/profile/08971976622291862537.

>   FWIW, just being a regular at GUADEC is enough
> contribution to apply for Foundation membership.  We have that in our rules
> and we have accepted members just passing that criteria.

I did not know the threshold was dropped that low.

-Sergey Panov