Re: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum

On 12/14/2009 10:20 PM, Jonathan Corbet wrote:

As long as GNOME is a project that matters, there will always be bozos
who will post uneducated articles about what you are doing.  If your
discussions are in the open, people who really care can see what was
*really* said and help to keep those bozos (people like me) honest.  If
you hide behind closed doors, the bozos get the last word.  Articles
about GNOME will be less frequent, less accurate, and less likely to be
corrected.  Is that really what you want?

When you put it that way, no, that's not what I want :). I understand that there is value in keeping most discussions in the open. I still see legitimate uses for a foundation-private list though. For meta-discussions mostly.

behdad

jon