Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

Am Dienstag, den 08.12.2009, 15:24 -0500 schrieb Dr. Michael J.
Chudobiak:
> Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > Say, any viewer of p.g.o can vote a post +1 or -1.  Then we can gather
> > two metrics per poster: 1) how impactful his/her posts are (avg / median
> > / max number of votes).  2) how interested are readers in his/her posts
> > (avg / median / min/max score.
> > We can then have threshold to hide / collapse unpopular posts.
>
> Yes, please! Let the system fix itself through trendy crowd-sourcing,
> rather than having a board spank people who speak foolishly!

Actually the system on Planet Maemo is a bit complexer and is not only
based on thumbs up / thumbs down votes. See
http://maemo.org/community/maemo-community/how_social_news_ranks_news_items/

andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed