Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On 12/08/2009 10:08 AM, sankarshan wrote:
2009/12/8 Pierre-Luc Beaudoin<pierre-luc pierlux com>:
On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 03:23 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
But I find it interesting to know, say, what Miguel is up to these
days. I don't think it's just me...

I don't believe Frederic was pointing at Miguel.  There are people who
have left the Gnome community working on products that don't use any
Gnome technology posting blog post/ads for said product on PGO.

[0] Unless specific names are pointed out to the Board or, on this
list, the shadow boxing will be more harmful

[1] How does one define that they have "left the GNOME community" ?

Exactly. The more I think about the issues raised in this thread, the more I believe a voting system (similar to what maemo is doing perhaps) may be all we need.

Say, any viewer of p.g.o can vote a post +1 or -1. Then we can gather two metrics per poster: 1) how impactful his/her posts are (avg / median / max number of votes). 2) how interested are readers in his/her posts (avg / median / min/max score.

We can then have threshold to hide / collapse unpopular posts. That part can even be done using JavaScript and you can the threshold on the page and more posts will collapse/uncollapse...

behdad