Re: Supporting GTK+

Hey Wouter, Brian,

Perhaps is the best solution to open a gnome-jobs mailing list?

I agree that indeed the foundation's mailinglist is not the right one
for Brian's jobvertising.

However, certain people and subcontract companies might be interested in
this kind of opportunities. Making this more easy for both suppliers and
customers can only be positive for GNOME as a software platform and
organization in my opinion.

If people seek a mailing-list maintainer for this, I volunteer. I'm not
saying I'm the best choice for this, though (I can imagine a certain
degree of objectivity is necessary here).

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 10:39 +0200, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> 2008-05-29 klockan 19:40 skrev Brian Ridgeway:
> > [...] is looking to hire either two contractors or contract
> > to full time individuals for our [...] site as soon as possible.
>
> This is NOT the right place to send announcements and job offers like these.
> The Gnome Foundation list is a place to discuss matters related to, well, as
> the name already very clearly implies, the Gnome Foundation. Your mail does
> not fit under this topic and is therefore unappropriate and will be
> considered as spam by many readers.
>
> > I have attached a short job description as well as a brochure concerning
> > our product focus.
>
> Your mail has been sent to a public mailing list with may subscribers. Each
> of them will have to download your really big and useless attachment. Those
> paying for the bandwidth they use will have to pay to download your
> unappropriate mail.
>
> I strongly urge you to refrain from making such posts in the future.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be