Re: [guadec-list] Re-considering expectnation web service

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 17:24 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 23:09 +0200, Baris Cicek wrote:
> > And whatever we do we need to do it quickly
>
> You are not going to put together a completely new system in time, using
> Drupal or anything else. That's not your fault and you shouldn't be
> punished for it. You probably do have time to try Expectnation and to
> configure it as you need. If you choose to waste time twiddling with
> ideologically-sound systems then the masses will blame you (rather than
> the zealots who persuaded you) for it later.

I agree 100% here, just because we're supposed to have an ideology of
free software doesn't mean we should be against using non-free software.
Hell, dreamweaver is an awesome product! This logic extends further that
if we are able to help Expectnation become open source (as a previous
post suggested), then the way to do that is to embrace it now...
Especially as it has features which are invaluable to GUADEC being a
success in 2008!

K,