Re: [guadec-list] Re-considering expectnation web service
- From: "Gian Mario Tagliaretti" <gianmt gnome org>
- To: "Paul Cooper" <pgc devel co uk>
- Cc: Edd Dumbill <edd gnome org>, guadec-list <guadec-list gnome org>, Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>, foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [guadec-list] Re-considering expectnation web service
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 17:42:24 +0100
On Jan 2, 2008 12:09 AM, Paul Cooper <pgc devel co uk> wrote:
> As far as the expectnation v. free software debate, I think we should
> have a preference for free software
I previously wrote about expectnation non being free software, well
that's not right and I have to apologize.
The software that runs Expectnation have just one user, the company
tha runs the site, which also have full rights on that sotware.
If the statment above is correct means that the company (the only one
that has a copy of the software) also _has_ the four freedoms, this
means that _it is_ free software in a trivial way.
Sorry about the noise of my previous message.
Gian Mario Tagliaretti
] [Thread Prev