Re: OOXML [was Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07]

<quote who="Andy Tai">

> For the future the board should really consider not sponsoring anyone to
> work on the OOXML format

No one was sponsored to work on the OOXML format.

> (and withdraw existing involvement on the behalf of the GNOME Foundation),
> as many people in the free software/FOSS community are working hard to try
> to prevent the OOXML from becoming a standard.

We're not working towards ISO standardisation of OOXML.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

       "Microsoft treats security vulnerabilities as public relations
                        problems." - Bruce Schneier