Re: OOXML [was Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07]

    Although I disagree with the tone and content of your email, an
    announcement is pending about a related issue, which may address
    concerns (legitimate or not) raised about GNOME's involvement in
    TC45-M. Participation in the TC45-M process does not imply
    approval or support for ISO standardisation of OOXML.

Even if it formally does not imply support, it could easily be
misconstrued as support.  In addition, unscrupulous supporters of
OOXML could present it as such.

So I agree with Luis: the GNOME Foundation should make a statement
opposing the acceptance of OOXML and explaining the reason for
participating in ECMA.

I say this as a constructive proposal for action.