Re: OOXML [was Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07]

<quote who="Andy Tai">

> Maybe Jody's involvement can be just his personal activity and totally
> separated from, and have nothing to do with, GNOME.

That would be challenging, given ECMA's participation model. Besides, what
is wrong with the GNOME Foundation supporting Jody's participation in a
standards body? He's doing great work.

(Andreas Guelzow is one of the only GNOMEy folks involved in the ISO group
working on ODF, and has joined as an individual, which means he's probably
paying $300 a year for his efforts. I'm sure the GNOME Foundation could help
with that if he wanted us to -- though it'd have change to an organisational
membership of some sort.)

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

     GDK (acronym): GNU's Not Unix Image Manipulation Program Tool-Kit
                                Drawing-Kit.