Re: GNOME Foundation Statement on ECMA TC45-M Participation

<quote who="jamie">

> I can see MS spinning this to their advantage and I believe playing safe
> here would be better for us in the short term

Thing is, Microsoft haven't spun it to their advantage. They've mentioned
that Gnumeric is implementing OOXML, but that actually works against them
(due to the complexity of the spec and the completeness of the impl). They
haven't spun our membership of TC45-M to their advantage, and they won't,
because we're not their friends, and won't react kindly if they do. :-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

  "Whoever wrote [the Twisted documentation] uses a vivid and interesting
         style of prose which triggers pleasure." - Francois Pinard