Re: GNOME Foundation Statement on ECMA TC45-M Participation

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 06:37:49PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> this announcement be shooting our own feet again? It feels like the only
> argument behind it that it is not the outcome wanted by Rui.

I would prefer an outcome that could better defend GNOME against the
abuse Microsofties are doing all around the world. I've heard them
saying the Free Software world supports MS OOXML giving such examples
as proof.

Now ECMA is leaving in the air the suggestion that GNOME participated in
the disposition of comments, because TC45 submitted replies, and they
reinforce that TC45 members are .... GNOME ....

Nobody can ask them to withdraw that statement because they don't
outright say it. This is a word play destined to transmit a message that
isn't there in syntax, but lives on in semantics.

> I still regard summarizing the announcement as 'shooting our own feet
> again' as a troll.

I regard your troll detection algorith as too harsh, and I suggest a
lighter version be applied to your mail sending system ;)

Rui

--
Wibble.
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 37th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?