Re: Candidacy Announcement: Luis Villa

After some discussion in IRC, I'd like to add a small clarification here.

The board has not just one but two outside counsels; the Software
Freedom Law Center (SFLC), and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich Rosati (WSGR).
I am not seeking to replace them- they are full of very capable
lawyers, who are available to us when we need them. I could not
replace, nor would I want to replace, these resources.

My purpose as a candidate is to be the bridge between those lawyers
and the Foundation. Historically, we've done a poor job of
communicating with and using the legal resources made available to us
by SFLC and WSGR, which has made dealing with some of our legal issues
much less efficient. For example, because of poor communication,
getting our trademark took many months- possibly more than a year-
longer than it should have. I'd like to resolve that problem, and
hopefully build relationships and processes that outlive my term on
the board.

Hope that helps-
Luis