Re: academic cooperation

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 10:12:02AM -0500, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> Fernando San Martín Woerner wrote:
> >> I'm working with a French professor doing a computer science course and
> >> using GNOME as a basis for the projects. Also, David Bolter put me in
> >> contact with a professor who's interested in having students do some
> >> GNOME-related projects. There's also a group of three students who want
> >> to do their bachelor degree project on GNOME.
> >
> > Also i'm working with two students in Chile, the are doing their degree
> > about GNOME topics, mainly applying the platform on vineyards and
> > winerys and usability also.
>
> Vincent and Fernando, could you update http://live.gnome.org/Academic to
> add links to these projects?
>
> Other people: do you have ideas for student research? I added one
> example to the wiki (a better redeye removal algorithm), there must be
> plenty of others. Students always need research ideas...

Not actually research, but I knew that at my Faculty, there was a
complementary lecture the previous semester called something like
"Development of applications in the GNOME framework" or something like that,
that Jorge Bustos, a GNOME/GNOME Chile contributor, taught.

I don't really know what results did he got, so I add him to the CC, in case
he is not in this list.

Claudio