Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07

Le mardi 12 juin 2007 à 12:43 +0200, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 22:39 +0300, Quim Gil wrote:
> > About the KDE & GNOME event, probably the best way to progress is by
> > doing progressive approaches. Jumping from the current situation to a
> > joint conference sounds a bit like going from self-esteem to the 32nd
> > position of the Kama Sutra in one go.
> > As others have suggested, a successful combined room in FOSDEM would
> > be already a big (and useful) step. Trying to put together GUADEC and
> > aKademy befor trying smaller challenges in save contexts would be very
> > risky.
> a good idea is the GUADEMY we recently had in A Coruña. It was just a
> start, but the idea is very good, get KDE/GNOME developers together and
> have talks/tutorials/etc of things that are common to both desktops.
> Doing separate tracks for KDE and GNOME (which is what mixing GUADEC and
> Akademy would mean) might not be a good idea, since you'll get 2
> separated groups with almost no interaction.

IMHO this year we have a nice experience in GUADEMY
(http://www.guademy.org), but the experience was focused in local Spain
developers.

We share the same hacking place and a lot of different talks where
organised. My experience as member of the organisation was that the
synergies from the point of view of human relations where nice, lot of
people that had never met could share different experiences. But the
main interest was about was is the other community doing and how the
other community works.

The last organisation of GUADEMY has not decided if we are interested on
organising a second edition next year, i think that it would be funny
again. We also have thought about doing the crazy idea for proposing a
bid for organising GUADEC and Akademy at the same time in 2009, because
in our LUG we have people from both communities. But at this moment it
is only a crazy idea and it depends in future decisions about our next
board at GPUL (http://www.gpul.org).

Best Regards,

Chema Casanova