Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 16:01 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

> > Another option that could be considered is back-to-back co-location.
> You
> > get a lot of the same advantages in terms of cheaper financials, yet
> > since they will be run sequentially at the same location you don't
> get
> > the collisions and 'noise' of sharing one venue at the same time.
> And
> > interested GNOME hackers could that way easy attend aKademy by
> extending
> > their stay a little and the same for KDE hackers the other way
> around.
>
> I'm not poo-pooing the idea completely, but let me ask the question:
> do
> you think many people will be able to take 2 consecutive weeks to go
> two conferences? I know I wouldn't (the boss would probably think I
> was
> nuts, and the wife would kill me). I'm wondering if there are a lot of
> volunteers in the same situation as me.

FWIW, that's what people attending GUADEC-es has been doing for the last
years: attending GUADEC-es during week n, and then GUADEC during the
week n+1. And that includes people traveling from South America.

I'd say that people who have organized GUADEC-es in the past can give
more feedback on how good results have they got with this approach of
organizing the conference in a very close date to GUADEC.

Oh, and by the way, the only time the two conferences were in the same
location was during last year (Vilanova i la Geltr�evertheless, I'd
still say they've got good results.

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>