Re: Proposal: Shift election cycle back six months

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 14:05 -0700, Andy Tai wrote:
> Something like GnomeMeeting (now with a newer name) can be utilized to
> have faces seeing faces...

Video conf-calls are not much more productive than regular phone calls.
And btw I could never get ekiga working for me, and I tried a few
times...

> There was some talk of a GNOME conference in East Asia.   Maybe it
> would be a good idea to have an annual event there in China, or Japan,
> or Korea, in early Spring...

Thanks for your suggestion, but Yet Another Conference is not the
answer.  The board can set up meetings anytime of the year, but flying 7
people to the same place and accommodating them costs at least 5,000
(more like 10,000) USD, all assuming that people actually do have the
time to attend it.

GUADEC on the other hand, everyone is already there.  Add to that the
fact that the board regularly needs to consult with other foundation
members/committees, who are all at GUADEC too.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759