Re: Mailing lists (Re: Candidacy: Joachim Noreiko)

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:59:07AM +0000, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> I seem to have missed something.
>
> Ar Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:11:25AM +0000, ysgrifennodd Joachim Noreiko:
> >
> > Yes, it might be an idea to suggest/encourage (not
> > force ;) some projects to consider moving away from
> > lists, rather than switching *everyone* in one go.
> >
> > I make no secret that I hate mailing lists, but I
>
> Actually, this thread is the first I have heard of it.

Not Joachim, but Thilo Pfennig:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-October/msg00061.html

I was actually thinking about above message when I asked Joachim. I saw
it before. IIRC usability list, not sure though. I do not consider it a
very interesting subject as IMO it is not realistic.

> > accept I'm in a minority and that most developers find
> > them convenient and are used to them. I also think
> > that some of the reasons that I hate them are actually
> > reasons that most developers like them ;)
>
> I am a bit confused here. I am not on anything other than
> mailing lists. I gave up trying to keep track of 100 updates
> on Planet Gnome daily, I can never find anything on the wiki,
> IRC was a time-sink. But I remain on mailing lists, because
> I can read them on my own schedule.
>
> Clearly I am not on enough lists, though, because I have
> missed where this was brought up. Who wants to get rid of
> them, and in favour of what?

Thilo preferred using a Wiki. A strongly disagree, but that is another
discussion. I just wanted to make sure whether I wanted to vote for
Joachim yes/no (the only reason I asked about it).

--
Regards,
Olav