Re: Required: Administrator for the Foundation

<quote who="Richard Stallman">

>     In reality, we will likely hire someone who is already competent in the
>     use of free software - but I agree with Quim that this should not be a
>     requirement (obviously (at least to me), *using* free software will be
>     part of the job, where possible).
>
> I think the Foundation should absolutely insist on using only free
> software.  That way it will lead by example.

That is not under question. The suggestion Quim made is that having *prior
experience* in the use of Free Software need not be necessary - however, the
successful applicant will *absolutely* USE Free Software in their role, no
questions asked.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2006: Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain            http://2006.guadec.org/

         "The GPL is good. Use it. Don't be silly." - Michael Meeks