Re: Temporaray enlargement of the GNOME Board with 2 persons

Here's a positive reply, just so you don't think it's all negative. I'll
never figure out how to request a representative sample of replies while
also avoiding too many replies.

I trust the board to do this and to know if they need to do it, and I
have confidence in the proposed new members. I'd prefer delegation, but
even the act of delegation requires suitable chunks of time that they
might not have right now. If they can't do that quickly then they need
to get on and do this now. I supported the reduced-size referendum
because I think the board needs to make faster decisions instead of
pondering every possibility until the chances have gone by. So well
done.

If I could set a condition for my Yes, it would be that the new board
members would obsessively care for the Foundation's public wiki pages
and keep people informed of possible meetings agendas and minutes of
completed meetings. You do quite a lot and people should know about it.

You might even start referring to not-public-yet agenda items by
codenames if necessary, just so we have an idea of how much you are
working on.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com