Re: Temporaray enlargement of the GNOME Board with 2 persons

Hi,

Quim Gil wrote:
> El dl 05 de 06 del 2006 a les 15:42 +0200, en/na Anne Østergaard va
> escriure:
>
>> The Board would like to propose to you a temporary enlargement of the
>> board with two persons: Behdad Esfahbod and Germán Poó-Caamaño.
>
> I wasn't in the board when this issue was discussed, and as a new board
> board I'm unsure what should I do now if I disagree. Transparency is
> always a good path, I guess.

Yes - just disagree. There is/was not unanimity on this point. As Jeff's
said, he's against changing. Luis was also. I was the first one to
propose increasing the board size in February when we were having
trouble coping, but am now unsure, and was absent from the board meeting
where it was discussed.

> - Boston (Massachusetts, USA)
>
> It is a danger to have a board elected with candidates from everywhere
> that needs to have at least one member in a specific city: Boston. What
> if jrb wasn't elected, didn't want  to renew or decides to leave some
> day? This is per se a reason to hire the services of a company
> (something theoretically more stable than an individual) and visit them
> every three months, either picking the Boston metro or a flight.

I'm unsure what the consequences would be for the foundation if none of
the board was in or from the US. I'm not sure there would be any. The
insistence on a Boston rep is more convenience than necessity - everyone
knows how much more quickly things can go when you need something off
someone, and you drop by to meet them face to face.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary