Re: Women in GNOME (Was: Code Of Conduct)

Ar Iau, 2006-06-01 am 17:50 -0400, ysgrifennodd Dominic Lachowicz:
> This rubs me the wrong way. It's not like we're actively working to
> exclude women, Asians, or Martians from GNOME. Nor are we actively
> trying to make GNOME a boys-only club. Simply put, there's no
> conscious, malicious intent behind the disproportionate male/female
> ratio, or "Western"/Asian ratio. And I think that this matters...

It shouldn't IMHO be taken that way. Most discrimination of all kinds is
utterly unintentional, and that kind of discrimination is harder to
tackle because there is no evil intent and no-one to directly blame. It
still needs tackling, and that is in part about making people understand
when their actions put off or exclude others.

Alan