Re: Women in GNOME (Was: Code Of Conduct)
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Women in GNOME (Was: Code Of Conduct)
- Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 14:57:33 +0100
On Iau, 2006-06-01 at 14:33 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Hmm, how about people working together? It just seems that the person who
> most most obviously wants this should be the person trying to make it
I'd be wary of pursuing just the "women in GNOME" issue, because many of
the same things put off far more than just women. Running around
shouting "pants off" is not, for example, very compatible with the
Japanese cultural expectations.
Also if "Code of Conduct" is too strong then "Expected Behaviour"
perhaps. Personally I don't see a problem with "Code of Conduct" in that
it deals with acting for, speaking for, representing or being part of
Gnome, or when using its facilities.
It isn't too much to ask for people to keep other stuff elsewhere, or to
engage in other incompatible activities from a non-gnome email address
or on a different irc network.
] [Thread Prev