Re: Some perspective on how unimportant the board currently is.

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 15:31 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> On ศ., 2005-10-28 at 15:07 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > Perhaps we should look at the idea of running training sessions where
> > the trainers are not paid, but are given plane tickets and board in the
> > city they are sent to.
> >
> I'd rather we were all thinking about schemes like this, than trying to
> decide how big our board should be :) Let's just vote and get on with
> better things.

Such efforts go a long way.

The training Federico Mena Quintero's training sessions at Forum GNOME
in Brasil <http://forumgnome.com.br/> is a stellar example of regional
GNOME developer training. Sponsorship from Novell, Friends of GNOME and
others helped make the training and free distribution of GNOME 2 books
possible.  Local conferences and hackfests, such as those in Spain,
Australia and Bangalore also brought new developers to the platform.

Ross has looked into doing this in Bangkok and I am talking to potential
local organizers for such training in China.

tim