Re: Some perspective on how unimportant the board currently is.

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 02:13 -0400, Nat Friedman wrote:

> Work to make the GNOME web site better, work to market GNOME better and
> explain it, work to solicit sponsorship and endorsement of governments,
> work to organize global training seminars like Trolltech does for Qt.
> And on and on and on.  Jeff Waugh has summarized this work nicely a
> number of times.

I want to point out that the idea of developer and user training is an
excellent idea. I would love to be given the opportunity to be involved
in delivering this sort of training, as I'm sure would many others.

Perhaps we should look at the idea of running training sessions where
the trainers are not paid, but are given plane tickets and board in the
city they are sent to.

It may not be anywhere near as useful in Au (and there are better people
already in Sydney), but it may be of more use in other countries.
Perhaps then next time someone is choosing replace Motif, they won't
choose Trolltech.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA