Re: Looking for women? - Something wrong with the numbers?

One of the best and brightest people I personally that is active in free software today does also happen to be a woman. But I never thought about or even considered the question of gender in the context of software freedom. Is there policies in GNOME that specifically promote gender bias? I am not aware of any as such, though I agree if they do exist they should be changed.

If the question that's really being asked here is of the lack of participation of woman in free software, then this question could be broadly asked of IT and the sciences in general. If you are suggesting that GNOME should try and establish specific policies to help counter or reverse this trend, then I have no idea what GNOME could specifically do to help in this regard, though any specific policy proposals that are consistent with the purpose GNOME was chartered for should be welcome for discussion.

David