Re: Looking for women? - Something wrong with the numbers?

<quote who="Anne Østergaard">

> And it did not occur to the GNOME society (or anyone else) earlier to do
> anything about this fact

I hope "anyone else" doesn't include Debian Women, Linuxchix, Gnurias, and
other groups who are doing excellent work related to women's participation
in FOSS. I know of a number of GNOME people who are involved with, or keep
tabs on the progress of these groups. That we haven't publically adopted a
particular stance or started a project of our own is not immensely bad.

> which could have deep consequences for our national and global society.

Let's not blow things out of proportion. :-)

- Jeff

--
UbuntuDownUnder: April 25th-30th                      http://www.ubuntu.com/

   "Compassionate Conservative: I don't know what that is, sounds like a
                  Volvo with a gun rack." - Robin Williams