Re: Barcelona report

Hey,

> > Timetable
> > 27 May, Sat. Venue available (no staffing) - GUADEC arrivals
> > 28 May, Sun. Venue available (no staffing) - OPENING DAY GUADEC
> > 29 May, Mon.  IGC Opening reception
> > 30 May, Tues. First day of IGC  - 3 GUADEC sessions/3 IGC sessions
> > 31 May, Wed.  Second day of IGC - 3 GUADEC sessions/3 IGC sessions
>
> Hrm, I thought were were going to run the developer half of GUADEC at
> the weekend [Saturday and Sunday], and then have the business user
> sessions scattered between Monday-Wednesday.

Let me explain what my original thoughts were -

25 May, Thu. People start arriving
26 May, Fri. Social day for all GNOME people - bbq, beers, activities
27 May, Sat. GUADEC Developer Day 1
28 May, Sun. GUADEC Developer Day 2
29 May, Mon  IGC -+
30 May, Tue  IGC  | - GNOME User and Business Sessions - everything from
31 May, Wed  IGC -+   tutorials, to talks, to BOF's

Which seems to cater for everyone's needs -

	o It's a longer conference
	o We have 3 days to focus in on growing our developer and user
	  base
	o We have days for business and government talks
	o We have a social day, for people to meet up, talk code, and
          have some fun
	o We have developer days where we can hack, avoid the monotony
	  of attending talks, and plan for the future

I don't believe it would be that hard to pull off - it's taking the
ingredients from the previous years, and putting them in an organized
'non-conflict of interests' fashion ;)

Discuss.

Glynn