Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Feb 2
- From: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- To: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, Nat Friedman <nat novell com>, Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>, advisory-board gnome org
- Subject: Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Feb 2
- Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:13:03 -0600
On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 17:07 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> I have no particular horse here, but I will note that if we want to
> use wiki for serious documents, we must have high quality RCS, and
> mediawiki and whatever ubuntu use have that, and live.gnome.org does
> not, which is a serious bummer.
> Also, Jeff, AFAICT, mediawiki (being the engine behind the biggest
> wiki in the world) seems to have a decent rep; dismissing it as 'fruit
> loops' is silly.
I have to second this. MediaWiki also has a much more sane syntax.
For something that's supposed to make my life easier, I've had to
spend quite a lot of time trying to figure out which combinations
of characters are syntactically valid. It reminds me of Perl, and
that isn't a compliment.
] [Thread Prev