Re: [Off Topic] We need "Vendor"s? [was Words to Avoid "Vendor"]

2005/12/2, Dave Neary <dneary free fr>:

> Hi,
>
> Murray Cumming wrote:
> > I think it's a bit silly, but the difference is that RMS would be
> > incapable of saying "I welcome 3rd party [proprietary] developers building
> > software on the platform".
>
> Let me read back a bit...
>
> RMS said:
> > We want to encourage non-free apps to use GNOME, but we don't want to
> > appear to grant those non-free apps ethical legitimacy.  We have to
> > choose our words with care to achieve both goals at once.
>
> He seemed pretty capable yesterday...

I think he meant that he welcomes the fact that they use or start
using GNOME (making the software one step more free), not the fact
that they develope more non-free apps using GNOME. Which was Murray's
point AFAICT.

/me, exiting to the back left from this discussion he has no intention
to be part of

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi