Re: [Off Topic] We need "Vendor"s? [was Words to Avoid "Vendor"]

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 21:06 -0500, Richard M. Stallman wrote:
>     > We want to encourage non-free apps to use GNOME, but we don't want to
>     > appear to grant those non-free apps ethical legitimacy.  We have to
>     > choose our words with care to achieve both goals at once.
>
>     These are your priorities. Other people have other priorities, though they
>     have the same aims. It's a difference of strategy, not of ideology.
>
> I think it is a difference of values.

I resent the implication. You can't label people as immoral just because
they don't blindly agree with you on every little thing.

>   Not everyone involved with GNOME
> thinks that free vs proprietary software is a matter of right vs wrong.
>
> That is precisely why I'm looking for like-minded candidates to
> endorse for the board.

Luckily, I don't believe any of the candidates share your ridiculous
extremist self-belief.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com