Re: [Off Topic] We need "Vendor"s? [was Words to Avoid "Vendor"]
- From: "Richard M. Stallman" <rms gnu org>
- To: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: dneary free fr, foundation-list gnome org, murrayc murrayc com
- Subject: Re: [Off Topic] We need "Vendor"s? [was Words to Avoid "Vendor"]
- Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:19:52 -0500
I think it's a bit silly, but the difference is that RMS would be
incapable of saying "I welcome 3rd party [proprietary] developers building
software on the platform".
I could say such a thing...but I won't, because it could give people
the wrong idea. I'd rather say something subtly different, such as
"We encourage third party developers to make their software work with
GNOME, and we encourage them to make their software free, so that it
contributes to the free software community."
] [Thread Prev