Re: Licensing and copyright

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 06:39:32PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Llu, 2004-02-23 at 16:30, George wrote:
> > > Big problems I would say... there hasn't been a Queen of England since
> > > 1707 :)
> >
> > Disney's been dead for some time too and he still manages to sue people.
>
> Disney corp is a bit different 8)

But Disney corp (nor FSF) can't say "off with their heads".  Whereas a queen
in 1707 could concievable do that.  I think using gdm2 code is punishment
enough, but a beheading could be done on pay-per-view and proceeds donated to
the foundation.  I think this is a fundraising venue we need to consider.

> Last time I checked UK law doesn't permit you to assign copyright to
> someone without them wanting it, any more than you can "gift" people a
> handgrenade without the pin

Are you comparing gdm2 code to a handgranade without the pin?  In any case,
since apparently the last Queen of England is quite dead for some time, she
can't obviously not want it, thus, clearly she wants to be the copyright
holder for GDM2.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>