Re: Licensing and copyright

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 12:37 +0100, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Dear Alexander,
>
> I am just quoting two answers to avoid filling the list. Do not hesitate to
> contact me privately for further discussion.

No, thank you. This is a public conversation that I would like to keep
so.

> > It is possible that you will be extradited before traveling
> > willingly . . .
>
> Recently, two French guys were arrested after pronouncing jokes in planes. But
> they were on the soil of the United-States.

What does that have to do with extradition?

> Fortunately, not a single European country extradicts its citizen.

On June 25, 2003, the United States and the European Union signed
extradition and mutual legal assistance agreements that, from what I am
able to comphrehend, allow the extradition of any citizen that is a
citizen of a European Union member state. The European Union's Web site
says that 25 countries are currently member states, including most
notably, the United Kingdom, Germany, and the Netherlands. (These are
the few European countries whose intellectual property laws I am able to
recall.)

> > Of course. I doubt that any citizen wishes to pay the legal fees
> > necessary in complex cases involving intellectual property.
>
> I don't really care about Peter Pan fighting against Mickey mouse in a distant
> country with foreign laws, be it in the United-States. Of course, I respect
> my local laws.

Peter Pan fighting against Mickey Mouse? Sorry, but I am unable to
understand your analogy and how it applies to legal fees.