Re: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."
- From: Leslie Proctor <proctors pacbell net>
- To: dodji seketeli org, "Andreas J. Guelzow" <aguelzow math concordia ab ca>
- Cc: veillard redhat com, GNOME Friends <foundation-list gnome org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:47:29 -0800 (PST)
I'm with Daniel here.
If we want to attract enterprise, education,
government and business users, we can't come off like
a bunch of juveniles. We've been working and working
to make a reputation for ourselves as a mature,
enterprise-ready, professional-grade desktop and that
gets nuked in one swoop.
It needs to be renamed NOW.
--- dodji seketeli org wrote:
> Selon "Andreas J. Guelzow"
> <aguelzow math concordia ab ca>:
> > On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 08:30, Daniel Veillard
> > > On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 06:34:18PM +1100, Jeff
> Waugh wrote:
> > > > GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a
> pair of testicles."
> > >
> > (...)
> > > So next time before choosing a release name
> > > GET SOME FUCKING COMMON SENSE
> > Daniel,
> > I see little offensive in the release name, but
> nevertheless consider
> > your language greatly inappropriate and offensive.
> Common guys, let's stay focused on the heart of the
> issue and
> make our best to avoid this kind of release name in
> the feature.
> A new flame war is useless here.
> foundation-list mailing list
> foundation-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev