Re: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:47:29AM -0800, Leslie Proctor wrote:
> I'm with Daniel here.

Strangely enough, me too.  World is full of people with absolutely no sense
of humor.

(Hmm ... it just sounds wrong for me to say anything about having to be
mature.  I think I may just be growing old.  I'll have to go take a piss off
a high building and moon a bunch of nuns to regain my image now.)

> If we want to attract enterprise, education,
> government and business users, we can't come off like
> a bunch of juveniles.  We've been working and working
> to make a reputation for ourselves as a mature,
> enterprise-ready, professional-grade desktop and that
> gets nuked in one swoop.

I haven't been very hard at this.  I've been working very hard to have an
an immature and juvenile image.

> It needs to be renamed NOW.

Let's not do much of an issue over this now, and just not use such names
in the future.  I propose we use unintelligeble names from now on, and I
propose "frmgtnfut" (I can't remember if it's spelled with an 'n' or an 'm'
anymore).  Not that it actually means something.  But it's my favourite hard
to pronounce word with absolutely no meaning.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action, where it