Re: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair of testicles."

Hey,

> If we want to attract enterprise, education,
> government and business users, we can't come off like
> a bunch of juveniles.  We've been working and working
> to make a reputation for ourselves as a mature,
> enterprise-ready, professional-grade desktop and that
> gets nuked in one swoop.

If we want to attract enterprise, education, government and business
users we let our software do the talking. This is no different to where
we were a few years ago, and what we're currently doing.

We have the reputation of being a hard working and fun community, that
is full of ideas, personalities and, more often than not, well capable
to decide the direction of GNOME and how to approach that.

> It needs to be renamed NOW.

No. Let's learn from our mistakes and move on.

Glynn